1964 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III 'Chinese Eye' Two Door Coupe.
A good, sound, correct and original example in lovely condition throughout, and driving beautifully, with excellent engine, gearbox, brakes, steering, etc. Everything about it just feels ‘right’. It would seem that the car has recently been with one family for about forty years (uncle & nephew), and we are inclined to think that the indicated 78,000 miles, may well be correct. It is not a pristine, restored and fresh car, but is delightfully 'undisturbed', cosmetically harmonious, with a very appealing interior, including leather which is soft, nicely matured and just as it should be. A lovely car to be proud of, and to use and enjoy. Much admired in its Regal red livery and rightly so! MoT tested until April 2022.
- Chassis No. SHS325C
- Reg No. DAX 111B
- Price SOLD
Snippets: Italian Motoring & a Polish Prince
SHS325C was with her 1st owner Denys Martyn of Triley Court, Abergavenny for just 12 months – Denys had studied at Cambridge alongside George Lascelles (Earl of Harewood) and in 1947 Denys, George & Patrick Hedley-Dent enjoyed a motoring holiday in Italy & I quote: “wearing clothes that were too thick, failing to sleep in the hot weather, worrying about money“. Denys & George remained friends for many years and often went on Operatic Expeditions together. From 1965 / 1967 SHS325C was registered with Peek Winch & Tod Ltd – the origins of the firm can be traced back to the early 1800S with Richard Peek a scion of the Peeks of Hazelwood (descendants have included MPs, Barons, Ambassadors, Bishops, an Earl & a Q.C.). The company was originally known as William Peek & Co and was run by 3 brothers James, William & Richard. In due course they became one of the top wholesale tea brokers in the country, there is a report that in 1865 Peeks paid duty on over £5m of imported tea. The family concerns later included rubber, coffee, mills and they also acted as agents for other companies in the Dutch East Indies. In 1967 SHS325C was acquired, for a short time, by J A Patterson of Pillar Holdings Ltd whose premises of Lee House was named after Jackie Kennedy’s sister – Princess Lee Radziwell, her husband was a director of one of the developers who constructed the building in 1962!