Specialist dealers in early Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars

1934 Bentley 3 1/2 Litre Park Ward Sports Saloon.

Click on the small images below to enlarge

Please Note: Some of the photos flatter the paintwork, and we have included some close ups of the worst areas on the 'More Photos' page.

A good, honest and sound example, correct and original, with excellent door fits, etc, and sporting a lovely set of brightwork to the front, including very nice P100S headlights and Lucas 'Alto' horns. The paintwork is showing its age and perhaps needs some attention but on the other hand the car presents well overall and in many ways is very useable just as it is. Sometimes, a car can be ‘too smart to use’! Recently re-wired in cotton covered cable, incorporating flashing indicators, hazard lights, etc. Supplied by us to the last, local owner in 2007, and now back with us. We have carried out some re-commissioning work following a period of storage and the car is now serviced and MoT tested until November 2019. A very appealing, if slightly shabby car, with a correct, undisturbed feel.


  • Chassis No. B20CR
  • Reg No. JN 4933
  • Price SOLD
  • Finance



Snippets: The Keddie Quartet

Owned by Maitland Keddie – his full name was Arthur Maitland Fletcher Keddie & he was one of 3 sons of George James Keddie, the founder of the Keddie’s in 1892 as a drapery store in Southend expanding in the 1920s with stores in Hadleigh & Leigh-on-Sea; in the 1930s Keddie’s had become a department store with store-front displays (created by Maitland) said to rival those of Selfridges! The Keddie family were keen motorists – 1920 Luton Speed Trail was won by D Keddie (Silver Hawk), 1921 MIddlesex Hillclimb by Miss Maitland Keddie (Alvis), 1922 Norwich Ringland Hillclimb by Maitland (Alvis) and Capt. G.D.F. Keddie winning the 1922 Essex County & Southend-on-Sea Speed Trials – we have his engraved silver ashtray 1st Prize award here! The 2nd owner shown on the chassis cards is Major A H Butlin of Hardingstone House, it would seem that this was not his private address as the estate actually belonged to the Bouverie family but it was Major Butlin’s posting during WWII when he commanded D Company 11th Battalion. In 1851 Rev William Butlin was a trustee of the Hardingstone to Stratford Turnpike road and that year contracted Charles Elton to build a new toll house for the sum of £100.


Would you like more information? Enquire about this vehicle.

To return to Cars for Sale Click here or use the 'Back' on your browser.