Click on the buttons below to browse our site.
Specialist dealers in early Rolls-Royce and Bentley cars.
1951 Bentley MKVI H.J.Mulliner 'Lightweight' Saloon.
Click on the images below to enlarge them. To return to this page afterwards, click the 'back' button on your browser.
Attractive and desirable, quite forward-thinking in design for its time, and incorporating characterful touches such as a divided windscreen, this car is something different and eye-catching, but at the same time very useable and enjoyable to drive. Sound in wind & limb, correct and mostly original, smartly and tastefully finished in two shades of bluey grey, with all original interior in grey leather. The car drives particularly well, with a lively engine, and is very comfortable on the road. We have a large history file, and it would seem from this that the mileage of 70,000 is genuine. Complete with original 1951 logbook, and MoT tested until April 2013. Driven over 400 miles by ourselves in a weekend, very enjoyably, and going really nicely. Ready to drive away.
Chassis No. B193HP. Reg No. LXU 595. £29,500.
by Brooklands of Bond Street – founded in 1931 by Billy Bates & initially
located at Great Portland St but by 1937 they had moved to 103 Bond St.
During the ‘30s & ‘40s Brooklands were agents for Ferrari,
Invicta, Isotta-Franschini, Alvis, Healey, Aston-Martin, Lagonda & Bentley.
In March 1951 B193HP was delivered to the firm of Carrington &
Dewhurst, Eccleston – the company was set up at Grove Mill in 1885 by Mr A
Carrington & Mr J M Dewhurst, the introduction of artificial silk in 1925
meant that weaving cotton was no longer viable.
During WWII the firm produced millions of yards of fabric which were used
for parachutes & balloons. Various
subsidiaries of Carringtons (Bomford Pollard, YEWCO) took over ownership of the
Bentley until September 1965 when it became the possession of Stanley North who
was a local bandleader. In 1990 the
Bentley had relocated to Black Mill Farm, Headcorn near Ashford – between 1769
& 1910 this was the site of a Smock Mill (a 6 or 7 sided building), the name
is taken from their resemblance to a farmer’s smock!