Car Co Ltd.
Specialist dealers in early Rolls-Royce
and Bentley cars.
1926 Rolls-Royce 20hp
Drophead Dr's Coupe.
Click on the images below to enlarge them. To return
to this page afterwards, click the 'back' button on your browser.
well-constructed and handsome Dr’s Coupe, built about twenty years ago, to a
pre-war design, which, as well as having a large dickey seat, also has
occasional seating behind the driver & passenger. The whole car is sound,
correct-looking and nicely finished cosmetically, painted in two shades of blue,
complimented by blue leather interior and matching blue mohair hood. Correct
items include nickel radiator lamps and other brightwork, 21” wheels with
Dunlop Fort tyres, which add to the authentic appearance and feel. Re-commissioned after a few years of storage,
and MoT tested
until May 2014.
Reg No. BW
Treacy Molloy (1876/1965) was the son of James L Molloy an Irish poet, author
& composer whose songs included “Never go to Sea on a Friday,” “Kerry
Dance” & “Goin’ a-courting”. Maurice
himself was a land-agent who in 1906 met & commenced work for the American
multi-millionaire Howard Gould (son of Jay Gould one of the “Robber
Barons”). In 1898 Howard had
married the actress Katherine Clemmons who had prior to meeting Howard had
conducted a “relationship” with the famous Wild West Showman “Buffalo”
Bill Cody. In 1909 Howard
& Katherine divorce with Bill Cody being cited in the divorce proceedings,
in spite of this Howard was ordered to pay some $36,000pa in alimony to her.
Maurice himself took the stand in defence of Howard’s allegations of
Katherine’s conduct with regard to her consumption of champagne, brandy &
other intoxicants! During WWI
Maurice served with The King’s Own (Yorkshire Light Infantry) &
later in Naval Intelligence. On the
chassis cards GOK51 is shown as having been registered at 170-173 Piccadilly,
London – In 1812 William Bullock had commission Peter F Robinson to construct
a building in which to house Bullock’s eclectic collection of items -
Napoleon’s carriage, curiosities from Captain Cook’s tour of the South Seas
amongst other items. By 1825 George
Lackington had acquired the Hall & used it for art exhibitions including
works by Joseph Turner & the collection of pictures belonging to the Earl of
Dudley. In 1905 this magnificent
building was demolished to make way for flats & offices.
Would you like more information? Go to 'Contact
To return to Cars for Sale Click here or the
'Up' button on the left.